Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weigh in, recipe, and day3 of 30

So it's officially my weigh in day and I am really disappointed with my results. I was up 1.4lbs bringing me to 177.8. I know what I did wrong last week and now and I know what to do to to fix it. The whole being sick thing threw me off and I didn't pay to close attention to points until the end of the week and by that time it was too late. So Sunday starts a new week and I'm looking forward to it!!! I found a recipe on another bloggers page on a green smoothie. I made my own version of it and it was so delicious and only 2pts+
filled the glass perfectly

I used
1banana-0pts+
1orange-0pts+
blended those together
then added 1cup of spinach-0pts+
and then added 1/2cup of low fat plain yogurt-2pts+ and ice blended all together and it was so yummy! It was my first green smoothie. I have been wanting to try one new recipe a week and this was my recipe for this week. Last week I tried ww chili that I got out of their store recipe magazine


Chili Picante:
Points Plus Value: 6
Prep: 1 minute
Cook: 14 minutes

3/4 pound 93% lean ground beef
1 cup refrigerated prechopped tricolor bell pepper
1 cup medium picante sauce
1 cup water
1 15 ounce can black beans, rinced and drained
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

1. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef and bell pepper to pan; cook until beef is browned, stirring to crumble beef.

2. Add picante sauce and next 3 ingredients to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes. Ladle into 4 bowls; top evenly with sour cream.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 cup chili and 2 tablespoons sour cream)

let me know if you try it and what you think!!!

Lastly its day three of my 30days of pictures so that means

Day 3:
Post a picture of the cast of your favorite show.
Love this show!!!

Grey's is such an awesome show, always keeps you guessing, and is full of hot male dr's if you haven't seen it I would definitely add it to your netflix queue : D !!! 
I hope everyone has a great upcoming week and definitely try one of the recipes they are very quick and easy and super yummy!!!


1 comment:

  1. Ok, so you know you messed up points because you were sick, so you can stick to points this week and have a great loss!


    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete