Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Vitalicious Review!

source


Sarah Long was nice enough to offer some samples for review on my blog from vitalicious! If you haven't tired thier product and you are currently are on a weight loss journey you need to get to the closest store that sells them or order a sample pack online because they are not only healthy but simply amazing! They only need to be cooked for about 20-25secs in the microwave and you can have them for breakfast, a snack, or dessert! Here is some background info that sarah sent me!

"NEW YORK, NY – Two years before the country’s largest food manufacturers poured
millions into promoting 100-calorie portioned snacks, Aryeh Hecht had already launched the
category in 2002 with his 2-ounce, 100-calorie VitaMuffins. Though moist, chocolate chip-studded chocolate muffins and rich brownies slathered with frosting and nuts don’t sound like diet foods, Mr. Hecht’s mission with VitaliciousFoods was to create baked goods to offer sound nutrition,not just portion control.

While most of today’s 100-calorie foods are loaded with sugar, artificial ingredients and preservatives, Vitalicious baked goods still remain as eponymously “vital” and “delicious” as they were at the outset of the now thriving category.

Over the years, Vitalicious’ individually-wrappedVitaMuffin™, VitaTops™, VitaBrownies™, VitaCakes™ and VitaMuffin Mix™ have exploded inpopularity among dieters and non-dieters alike because they are satisfying and provideexcellent daily nutrition. In fact, clinical studies have found foods high in fiber and protein
help you feel full longer and eat less.

Vitalicious fortifies its products with nutraceuticals, vitamins and nutrients your body needs to stay healthy and energetic. Vitalicious also takes pride in producing only all-natural products, without any artificial additives or preservatives of any kind.

Here is the VitaBreakdown of what you get in each individually-wrapped serving:100 calories
No artificial ingredients
No preservatives
Whole grains
5g - 6g of fiber
0g - 1.5g of fat
3g - 4g protein
15 vitamins and minerals"

 Most of the products are within the 3-4pt+ side. I have been having the chocolate one's for low cal, low point dessert. I was sent out
Dark Chocolate Pomegranate: This one is my least fave of the ones I have tried. The chocolate is good but I am not a huge fan of pomegranate and the taste is pretty strong.
Pumpkin Spice: Have not had this one yet
Corn Muffin: This one was very good! I paired it up with chicken and steamed veggie dinner and it was delicious!
Mint Chocolate: If you like chocolate and mint you will love this one!!! The mint is not too powerful but I love to have this with glass of milk.
Apple Crumb: This one is by far my fave for breakfast!!! I made some scrambled egg whites and threw this in the microwave for 20secs and it came out perfect. It was so delicious and reminded me of a healthier apple pie!
Fudgy peanut Butter: This one is a little on the plain side. I couldn't taste the peanut butter very much but still great for dessert.
Deep Chocolate: I have had this one before that I purchased myself I made this one and cut up some strawberries and bananas and put them in a bowl together. Very good and low point dessert!
RaisinBran: I'm not a huge fan of raisins so this one didn't sit well with me. Also the bran tasted a little dried out to me and I ended up giving it to hubby. He likes stuff like this in general and loved it.
Banana Nut: This is another good one for breakfast or I will have it as a mid morning snack at work since it's quick and easy to eat.
Cran bran: Haven't tried this one yet.
Banana Fudge: This was good had a lot of fudge
and a deep chocolate brownie pack: I have only had one of these. It's 4pts+ per brownie so I use these sparingly depending on how many I have left during the day.

Thanks for sticking with this long review!  Last thing I have about this awesome product is
is that they are only a few hundred fans to go before they reach 15,000 fans on Facebook, so Vitalicious will be giving 50% off one of its most popular 100-calorie VitaTops for one hour if the milestone number is reached by April 15th!! Once Vitalicious reaches 15,000 fans, within 24 hours, Vitalicious will announce the chosen product and start time for the “Happy Hour.”
Once “Happy Hour” begins, that flavor will automatically be discounted 50% upon checkout at Vitalicious.com for 60 minutes. So go and "like" them here!!



No comments:

Post a Comment