Friday, November 19, 2010

Sleeping in

So my hubby likes to get up at 5:30 to work out when he has to work at 8:30 he is doing a modified p90x. By modified he just chooses what workouts he wants to do that morning. It kind of bothers me because I feel he kind of half asses it and isn't serious which he doesn't really need to be he is already a fit guy but it helps keep me motivated too. I really wish he was into it more I would like him to want to work out and want to go run with me not just do it because he has to. I really need to get a running partner but none of my friends like to run and the ones that do are not close to my house. I started this post yesterday and now I'm finishing it. Hubs and I have the next four days off and that always makes me a little worried. I really want to stick to plan and the only person that can make me not do that is myself. I was a little worried this morning because I got up at 8:30 instead of our usual 6 but it felt so good to sleep in. Hubby was going to go golf with a friend and I was very tempted to just stay in bed and sleep more. I thought to myself well sleeping wont make me skinny by itself so I just need to get up and workout. So I went hiking by myself. It was so nice and peaceful outside even though I had my headphones. There were not too many people around and I could go at my own pace. This mountain I have been climbing has been pretty hard but I felt today I did a little better. I got home and decided that I should do my c25k since we didn't do it yesterday so I went out and ran. It was a little bit warmer today then normal like mid 70's and I was running right towards the sun. I didn't have much water this morning when I went hiking and when I got home so I ended up cramping up a bit. It got hard to keep going but I just kept telling myself, "you can do it, size 5pants, running your first 5k, then a 10k, be able to wear a bikini next year and still look good, being able to take boudoir pics for hubby and him liking them." lol cheesey I know but it got me through the 5min run when I was struggling with the 3min run when my cramp hit.

So I think one of the things that really made me fail in the past would be when I would have a rest day. If I went the whole day without working out it would throw me off for a few days. So what I decided to do this time is to not have a full rest day. On Sunday's I'm going to just do my ab workout and my stretch workout that way I don't get thrown off. I still have my "start it up" workout today it's only 30mins so I just need to do it maybe after my food digests and I get some more water in!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!




    No comments:

    Post a Comment